Our group focuses on computational mechanics and the efficient numerical solution of time-dependent partial differential equations. Recent work in this group has focused on provably stable and high order accurate methods for time-dependent wave propagation and fluid dynamics, as well as their efficient implementation on Graphics Processing Units (GPUs).
We gratefully acknowledge the support of the NSF (DMS-1719818, and DMS-CAREER-1943186) in making this work possible.
- September 2021: our paper “Mortar-based entropy stable discontinuous Galerkin methods for non-conforming quadrilateral and hexahedral meshes” with postdoc Mario Bencomo and David C. Del Rey Fernandez has been accepted to the Journal of Scientific Computing.
- September 2021: our paper “Efficient computation of Jacobian matrices for entropy stable summation-by-parts schemes” with graduate student Christina G. Taylor has been accepted to JCP.
- September 2021: our preprint on “Adaptive numerical simulations with Trixi.jl: A case study of Julia for scientific computing” is now available on arXiv.
- August 2021: our paper “High order weight-adjusted discontinuous Galerkin methods on moving curved meshes” with CAAM alum Kaihang Guo has been accepted to IJNME.
- August 2021: our paper “A high order discontinuous Galerkin method for the symmetric form of the anisotropic viscoelastic wave equation” with Khemraj Shukla and Maarten V. de Hoop was accepted to CAMWA.
- July 2021: our paper “Discrete adjoint computations for relaxation Runge-Kutta methods” with postdoc Mario Bencomo is now available on arXiv.
- July 2021: Jesse Chan, Philip Wu, and Yimin Lin gave talks at USNCCM 16.
- June 2021: student Philip Wu gave a talk at SIAM Geosciences on high order entropy stable discretizations on networks and multi-dimensional domains.
- April 2021: Graduate student Christina Taylor successfully defends her MA thesis.
- April 2021: Graduate student Kaihang Guo successfully defends his PhD thesis.
- March 2021: Graduate student Christina Taylor was awarded an NSF GRFP.
- March 2021: our paper “Entropy stable discontinuous Galerkin methods for nonlinear conservation laws on networks and multi-dimensional domains” with grad student Philip Wu was accepted to the Journal of Scientific Computing.
- Philip Wu, Yimin Lin, Christina Taylor, and Jesse Chan gave talks at SIAM CSE 21.
- March 2021: Graduate student Yimin Lin was awarded Best Poster at SIAM CSE 21.
- March 2021: Philip Wu, Yimin Lin, Christina Taylor, and Jesse Chan gave talks at SIAM CSE 21.
- February 2021: Jesse Chan gave an online talk in the Computational Mathematics seminar within the Mathematics Department at Australian National University.